Adoptive Parenting Resources
Many of you are already parents. Many of you have taken parenting courses or even read the Parenting 101 books. But parenting an adopted child is very different.
We want to provide to you a list of resources we feel will help you understand parenting an adopted child and become a successful, healthy adoptive family!
- The Connected Child: Bring Hope and Healing to Your Adoptive Family by Karyn B. Purvis
- Parenting the Hurt Child: Helping Adoptive Families Heal and Grow by Gregory C. Keck, Regina M. Kupecky, Jim Petersen
- Twenty Things Adopted Kids Wish Their Adoptive Parents Knew by Sherrie Eldridge
- Attaching in Adoption: Practical Tools for Today’s Parents by Deborah D. Gray
- Wish by Matthew Cordell
- Adopt Without Debt: Creative Ways to Cover the Cost of Adoption by Julie Gumm
- Created to Connect Study Guide by Dr. Karyn Purvis and Michael & Amy Monroe
- Featured Article: Developing Emotional Attachments in Adopted Children by Lysa Parker